Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Seattle, WA.
- Responsible for research experiments and data integrity. Under guidance, conduct high-quality experiments in support of drug development efforts.
- Designs & executes experiments in performing laboratory research experiments; demonstrates an understanding of basic experimental concepts, objectives, and concepts of experimental design.
- Completes assignments requiring a basic knowledge of techniques and practices related to the research area.
- Performs tasks required for tissue processing (fixing, trimming, embedding) and sectioning (paraffin microtomy and cryosectioning), and staining (immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization) in support of early drug development projects.
- Ensures data integrity and quality. Conducts data analysis and documentation of data. Maintains electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Draft scientific reports and prepare presentation slides.
- Uses knowledge and experiences to interpret and properly document experimental data.
- Works with Department Heads and Scientists to ensure better practice sharing and implementation within the lab.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in the biological sciences.
- Minimum of 8 years' of relevant technical experience, or Masters with min 5 years' experience or PhD with min 1 year experience post doctoral.
- Expertise in imaging and histological methods.
- Experience working with human tissue required, knowledge of kidney a plus.
- Image analyses experience required.
- Experience with VisioPharm (or similar) & using machine learning & AI for complex image analyses preferred.
- This position will also provide the candidate with opportunities to collaborate with international scientists & to get hands-on experience with digital spatial imaging using human tissue.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.