Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Careful documentation of experimental practices and results will be required.
- Support small molecule drug development within the discovery organization.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or related field
- Excellent protein purification and characterization skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of biophysical protein methods preferred
- Molecular biology or cell culture experience preferred
- Expression, purify and characterize challenging proteins in support of crystallography, fragment discovery and high throughput biochemical screening.
- Laboratory skills in protein purification and characterization for a diverse set of protein classes.
- Experience with protein characterization techniques such as thermal stability, SDS-PAGE analysis, Western blotting, chromatography and ITC is preferred.
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills are also required.
- Additional experience in molecular biology and/or cell culture would be considered beneficial.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as be able to effectively work as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Samantha Reader at 267-536-3075.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.