Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Foster City, CA. The successful candidate must be able to manage more than one project at any given time, and work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate will be experienced with one or more analytical assays including LC- or CE-based methods and understanding of ELN (electronic notebook). The candidate must be a goal-oriented team player with excellent communication and presentation skills, organization skills and be able to adapt to a timeline-oriented work environment.
- Independently plan, perform and manage complex experiments including cell-based assays, immunoassay, biochemical assays etc.
- Shows effective interaction with research staff and external partners at all levels and serves as technical resource for kidney related experiment methods and techniques
- Assess therapeutic potential and mechanism of action of new compounds by planning, executing, and analyzing tissues and biofluids from preclinical models.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions based on personal observations and literature searches.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to advance projects, perform studies with minimal supervision.
- support research projects by characterizing preclinical compounds in vitro assessing mechanism of action, and participating in biomarker identification
Skills and Requirements:
- BS degree with 7+years of relevant experience or a MS degree with 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in industry.
- Technical skills should include extensive experience with human and rodent cell culture, cell-based assays, in vitro kidney systems, Western blot, and immunoassays such as ELISA, MSD, and/or Luminex.
- Experience with gene expression analysis and/or bioinformatics is a plus.
- Proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.) and application of statistics.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and strong organizational and planning skills.
- An understanding of in vivo models and pharmacology is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with regard to management of data, reagents, and equipment are essential.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.