Associate Director Medical Communications
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Medical Communications for a pharmaceutical company located in San Francisco, CA. Successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the Medical Communication staff to ensure high quality scientific outputs with appropriate utilization of resources.
- Develop and ensure timely execution of the publication plans for products in the Company's lysosomal storage disease programs
- Lead development of scientific messaging and maintain and implement scientific messaging platforms
- Ensure cross-functional alignment of messaging and strategies to address gaps
- Develop expert knowledge of product- and disease-specific literature and oversee literature and gap analyses to support scientific message development and publication strategy
- Organize and implement advisory boards and expert meetings necessary for publication strategy development; collaborate with MDs to develop agenda and content, manage vendors, and attend and present as needed
- Support scientific congress activities including development of content for symposia
- Facilitate the external/independent development of treatment and management guidelines
- Research, draft, and edit scientific and medical manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and presentations
- Manage agency and/or contract medical writers and/or statistical programmers, as needed
- Ensure all medical communications outputs meet the highest standards of medical/scientific integrity
- Ensure activities adhere to authorship and publication guidelines as stipulated by ICMJE and GPP3
- Assist with maintenance and reconciliation activities within publication development database
- Respond to internal and external questions about any publications for product area
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings to share publication planning status and issues and maintain awareness of overall product publication plan
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced degree (MS or higher) in life or health sciences is required
- 8 or more years of relevant experience in medical communications, publication planning and/or medical writing
- 3 or more years managing direct reports is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret, analyze and communicate complex scientific data
- Advanced understanding of statistical and clinical research concepts
- Understanding of biotech/pharmaceutical clinical and regulatory processes
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.