Associate Director, GA&I
Proclinical are in search are for an Associate Director to oversee Global Analytics and Insights team, you will strive to improve the quality across Diseases Areas. The post holder will focus of the emerging portfolio and will lead a program of insight and analysis in support of multiple investment decisions.
- Develops and delivers asset/indication forecast and related assumptions based on internal best practice processes triangulating with the most robust data possible to maximize confidence.
- Ensures that forecasts are (i) presented transparently and consistently in line with GA&I standards and best practice (ii) underpinned with company proprietary view of the most important assumptions, based on robust secondary data analytics plus the company's proprietary data sources and intelligence.
- Leads, negotiates and interacts with internal stakeholders to validate forecast assumptions and market understanding.
- Works closely with the CI Director and Agency analyst, leads the generation of competitive analysis in support of an investment decision, ensuring implications are reflected in the forecast and landed in the asset team.
- Provides objective quantitative analyses and leads the development of business cases to determine key opportunities and address critical business issues for the brand and/or TA.
- Ensures that interpretation of primary market research is generating relevant actionable differentiating insights; through a closeness to the GPT and a strong understanding of the therapy area which allows translation of insight gaps into correct questions and a technical expertise in research design and interpretation to generate relevant answers.
- Leads analyses & evaluations supporting licensing opportunities where relevant.
- Develops a deep therapy area knowledge bridging from the clinical development through to commercialisation.
- Manages all primary research in accordance with internal compliance policies and best practices, with agreed preferred vendors.
- Remains accountable for personal ongoing professional education in business case development (including development and commercial costs), market research, forecasting and analytics, to ensure the best approaches are always utilised.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or above in a science or mathematics discipline
- Experience in a similar analytical or RWE role within the pharmaceutical industry or consulting sphere.
- Primary market research experience
- Ability to use data and analysis to affect, influence or change the understanding of a market or customer
- Excellent communication skills
- Current or previous oncology experience is required
- Experience of working with a pharma product close to launch or post-launch
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.