Associate Director, Discovery Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Discovery Biology with a leading pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will report to the Head of Discovery Biology and be a key scientific leader supporting the company's drug discovery programs.
- Provide scientific and strategic leadership to project teams to advance new small molecule drug discovery programs.
- Lead a team of internal scientists on experimental design, execution, integrated data analysis, and interpretation.
- Contribute to the advancement of programs by developing cell-based assays to support drug discovery campaigns and design in-vitro and in-vivo studies that support the mechanistic understanding and disease rationale for candidate targets.
- Collaborate with the functional genomics team to generate novel oncology target opportunities.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary drug discovery project teams to advance programs from validation to clinical candidate selection.
- Interpret, summarize and present research findings at internal and external scientific meetings.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD or equivalent in Cell & Molecular Biology or related discipline. Expertise in chromatin biology or cancer epigenetics a plus.
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience including as a project team lead/co-lead.
- Track record of productivity in oncology research as demonstrated by publications in high impact peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Experience leading small molecule oncology drug discovery project teams in various stages including target discovery/validation, lead optimization to IND-enabling studies.
- Demonstrated experience leading and supervising internal project teams as well as prior experience working with CROs or academic collaborators.
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and excellent problem-solving ability.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.