Associate Director/Director, Translational Bioinformatics
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director/Director of Translational Bioinformatics for a global biotechnology company located in Princeton, NJ. As the Associate Director/Director, you will work with a multidisciplinary international team of world-class scientists and research associates with state-of-the-art knowledge of the antibody and oncology field with the goal to transform oncology by discovering and developing antibody therapeutics that serve cancer patients with unmet medical needs.
- Utilize computational tools and approaches to partner with the Translational Medicine laboratory to analyze flow cytometry, gene expression, and a multitude of immune profiling assays to increase conviction in the mechanism(s) of action and predict safety and liability features of drug candidates.
- Use external low, medium and high-density data to complement and provide added context to internally produced data.
- Play a leadership role in the design, expansion, and maintenance of internal pipelines for relevant computational analyses.
- Work seamlessly with colleagues from Discovery Research and Clinical Development to bridge and integrate relevant data that informs conviction in assets (Mechanisms of action, liabilities, biomarker plans, patient stratification, etc…)
- Socialize and establish intuitive data analysis and visualization tools with biologists/immunologists and translational scientists,
- Manage bioinformatics projects, both in house as well as outsourced to service providers.
- Continue to stay up to date on the latest relevant scientific literature and translate your learnings into evolving best practices.
- Report scientific results in patents, publications, regulatory documents and product-development reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD (highly preferred) or MSc degree in immunology, biology, with a bioinformatics, computational biology background or vice versa.
- Excellent knowledge and good understanding of bioinformatics, especially as applied to translational research preferably in the oncology setting.
- Good programming skills (Java, Python, R, etc…) and are experienced in using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL as well as cloud services for storage and computing (AWS-S3, etc…)
- Deep knowledge and practical experiences with high density data types and relevant external resources (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, flow cytometry, TCR sequencing, immune assays, etc…)
- Ability to implement/adopt new algorithms for data analysis.
- Previous experience with regulated environments such as ISO/GCP/GMP when working with tools and databases.
- Published in high quality journals, references, and external presentations.
- Significant experience managing a team of computational biologists or bioinformatics to deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse and global group of scientists, research associates.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.