Associate Director/Director, Global MedComms - Oncology Pharma
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director/Director, Global MedComms - Oncology Pharma with a biotechnology company located in the Greater New York City area. The Associate Director of Medical Communications will manage the global publication strategy for Oncology product(s). The individual will be part of a global matrix team leading the planning, integration and timely execution of publications and related scientific communications content. This role will be report to the Senior Director of Medical Communications and Information within Global Medical Affairs
- Drive the development, implementation, and execution of a global medical communication plan. Create medically and scientifically accurate, informative, content communicating company's products and pipeline data to help advance the scientific community and patient care.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on publication-related matters establishing strong working closely with both internal and external disease-area experts to ensure high quality analysis, interpretation, communication, and publication planning of data.
- In development of a strategic publication plan, the individual will 1) Develop cross-functional core publication team with key global stakeholders 2) Anticipate risks and identify solutions publication planning with core publication team members 3) Recognize changes in the healthcare and treatment landscape and adjust publication/communication plan accordingly in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage annual budget and work within allocated resources, ensuring contracts, SOWs and invoices are submitted accurately and within a timely manner to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Liaise with agency/vendor partners to ensure timely delivery of quality publication by providing direction, reviewing developed content, and ensuring process is consistent with company SOPs.
- Promote and reinforce good publication practices and principles among authors and internal stakeholders ensuring all medical publications are being authored, written and reviewed according to GPP3 and company SOPs
- Develop Scientific Content deliverables (including but not limited to, scientific and communication platform, FAQs, and materials for reactive materials for field medical use) ensuring alignment with the publication plan, obtaining insights from key stakeholders, ensuring development of materials are relevant, strategic and scientifically differentiating medical communications that align with overall asset development strategy.
- Participate in discussions regarding the creation or updates to departmental SOPs improving/modifying processes and procedures helping to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Attend scientific congresses to help cover sessions and staff the global medical affairs booth educating congress attendees on the scientific content within the booth, including company's technology and pipeline assets.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced degree: PharmD, PhD or MD in a science subject or biomedical degree preferred; Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) desirable.
- Oncology/Hematology experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years in medical writing and relevant industry work experience; expert in medical communications
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process
- Ability to drive and execute within a large matrix, cross-functional team
- Proven ability to think strategically at an enterprise level and make decisions even under conditions of ambiguity, evolving landscapes, fast paced, and tight timelines
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP4, ICMJE), and other guidance related to scientific data communication preferred
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements preferred
- Familiarity with publication management tools & systems (Datavision) preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and international approximately 20% of time
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.