Associate Director Admin and Finance
Associate Director Admin and Finance - Contract to Permanent - Onsite
Proclinical Staffing is seeking an Associate Director Admin and Finance to join a cutting-edge medical program. This is a contract to permanent role located in Philadelphia, PA.
The Associate Director of Division Administration and Finance (ADAF) will oversee the non-clinical and support clinical administrative and financial activities of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (GI) in the Department of Medicine including $23M annual budget in grants, gifts, endowments and other funds. This person will have full responsibility for the administration of research-related funds, gift and endowment funds, and other operating funds within GI. The ADAF will also provide support to the DDA on clinical financial activity.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science and 5 to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Masters degree preferred.
- Master of Science and 7 to 10 of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The Associate Director Admin and Finance will:
- Provide high level review of all GI research funding on a monthly basis, provide financial oversight and planning which includes the annual budget process, monitoring, managing, reporting and projecting expenses during the year and taking the lead to prevent or solve financial issues as they arise.
- Direct and manage all business processes for faculty and personnel including managing salaries; purchasing; budget administration; pre and post award grant administration, including day-to-day business operations.
- Provide leadership, professional development and supervision to grants manager(s), grants coordinator and other business office staff.
- Strategize with faculty and fellows on financial management of their research portfolios
- Suggest funding opportunities, advise on potential funding issues
- Will work on the more complicated grants including training grants and program project with multiple sub-contracts
- Ongoing responsibilities include (1) oversee the development and administration of grants and operational budgets and manage post award activities including account setup, monitor and review of all sponsored projects expenditures including fund projections; (2) monitor and enforce compliance with sponsor guidelines and OMB Uniform Guidance; (3) maintain salary grids to ensure faculty and staff are paid correctly; (4) review and pre-certify all effort reports of faculty and staff. Administrative oversight of human resource functions, payroll and procurement approvals.
- Provision of business services: computing services; facilities management; recruitment; interfacing with a large number of collaborators in the US and globally, and overseeing material transfers, IRB, and IACUC submissions.
- Report to the Director of Division Administration for GI and have an indirect reporting relationship the Chief Research Administrator for the Department of Medicine.
- ADAF - E
- Greater lead in meeting with Director of Division Administration and Division Chief to review priorities and budget targets. Also as, point of contact for all faculty and staff regarding specific HR issues, time off, FMLA, performance management/ discipline, position discontinuation, departmental, policies in collaboration with Director of Division Administration.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Janelle Jones at (+1) 267-297-3257 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.