Animal Lab Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Lab Technician for a leading pharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL. Successful candidates will hold lab experience within Biology, Microbiology, or Animal Science
- Conducts testing in accordance with USDA, and IACUC guidelines. Technicians will also perform animal necropsies, animal body weights and health observations.
- Interprets data output to determine conformance with product specifications and records results.
- Understands, implements, and maintains a safe work environment for themselves and others in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Proficient in the use and understanding of basic laboratory equipment; performs maintenance and troubleshoots instrument issues.
- Maintains training as needed. Accepts responsibility for acquiring knowledge and experience to support continual personal development.
- Communicates proactively with supervisor and team members on frequent basis to ensure timely product release.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent problem-solving, written, and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Works to maintain a positive work environment and culture
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and project management skills
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, and integrity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Animal Science or related field, with 2-4 years lab experience desired.
- Associate degree with at least 5 years of directly related lab experience.
- AALAS Certification with appropriate experience
- Basic computer proficiency of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nadine Rucci at (+1) 215-531-5281 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.