Animal Care Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Care Technician with a biopharmaceutical company located in Redwood City, CA.
- Reviews, comprehends and complies with all SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
- Monitors daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations, animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
- Monitors and records room conditions such as temperature, humidity, and lighting.
- Assists with restraint, handling and manipulation of mice as assigned by supervisor, e.g. intraperitoneal (IP) dosing.
- Disposes of animal carcasses following established procedures.
- Strictly follows all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, spraying in all equipment and materials into controlled areas.
- Operates equipment and uses supplies according to safety guidelines; performs general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One to two years related cage wash, animal care and handling experience preferred
- AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) preferred but not required
- Ability to work as part of team and individual
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.