Animal Care Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Care Technician with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to laboratory animals and research.
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations. Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include perform daily water bottle; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
- Administer test compounds by varies routes (IV, PO, SC) for laboratory studies
- Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas, procedure rooms, and storage areas including restocking of supplies, cleaning schedules, monthly tasks, etc.
- Perform daily cage wash duties and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records of animal health
Skills and Requirements:
- Education: High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent required.
- AALAS Certification of ALAT is highly recommended
- Required minimum of 1-year husbandry experience in a laboratory animal facility
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Janelle Jones at 267-297-3257.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.