Animal Care Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Care Specialist with a pharmaceutical company located in Cranbury, NJ. Under close regular supervision, the individual performs vivarium and animal care, maintenance, and sanitation; including running a cage washer and tunnel washer, keeping laboratory supplies filled and organized, pest control monitoring, and environmental monitoring.
- Vivarium care; including facility sanitation, cage/tunnel washing, autoclave use, and facility maintenance. Includes sweeping, mopping, cleaning, washing/decontamination, and keeping areas organized and prepared for study initiation.
- Keeps laboratory supplies filled and organized, pest control monitoring, and environmental monitoring.
- Rodent handling/husbandry; including hand restraint of animals, transfer of animals between cages, animal receipt, animal observations, and simple biological sample collections, maintaining food and water for animals, and daily animal housing room upkeep.
- Performs laboratory waste management duties.
- Keeps inventory of supplies and restocks areas when needed.
- Assists with routine vivarium environmental monitoring (RODAC, pest control, lighting checks, etc.).
- Under close regular supervision, individual performs routine laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Receives specific instructions on assigned task and expected results.
- Delivers accurate results on assigned tasks within the expected timeframe.
- Understands the study and method.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Tabulates, and records results.
- Prepares standard solutions used in the laboratory.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Learns basic technical knowledge of pharmaceutical areas, DMPK, ADME, In Life, Metabolism, and Bioanalysis.
- Is proficient in sample processing and sample analysis.
- Follows company's safety policies, practices and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School or Associate degree. Knowledge of animal science, biology, or a related discipline a plus.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in animal care or related field, or equivalent.
- An Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) certification from American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) is a plus but not required.
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Has a basic understanding of scientific discipline
- Ability to perform preliminary lab work with supervision after training
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within drug discovery and development R&D laboratory settings
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work in a laboratory/cage wash environment with variable noise conditions
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with exposure to animals/biohazardschemicals
- Ability to lift 50 lbs routinely
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to climb ladders / stairs / scaffolding
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.