Analytical Development Research Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Analytical Development Research Associate with a leading biopharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will hold an Associate's degree and have experience with HPLC and UPLC with 6 months - 1 year of industry experience.
- Support analytical method development activities.
- Support troubleshooting of analytical lab equipment (HPLC.)
- Collaborate with various analytical science teams to support maintenance of HPLC/UPLC systems.
- Act as a point of contact to oversee work maintenance activities of instrumentation in analytical development laboratories conducted by contractors.
- Support analytical method development activities to include mobile phase preparation, sample preparation, acquisition, processing, and reporting of HPLC data in support of starting materials and oligonucleotide characterization
- Understand and apply advanced scientific principles, theories, concepts, practices and standards to process and analytical development.
- Identify impurity profiles and provide data to set impurity limits for starting materials, raw materials and intermediates.
- Perform instrument troubleshooting of HPLC and UPLC instruments
- Author method development reports for test methods and document all activities performed. Evaluate suitability of new methods, and assist method transfer, qualification and validation at the suppliers' and CMO sites. Support technical troubleshooting of assays at external vendors as required via internal testing.
- Perform testing and support innovative projects to expand upon the broader scientific knowledge in the area of expertise. Support the advance of scientific technology and instrumentation in AD.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associate's degree required.
- Experience with HPLC and UPLC. Must have 6 months - 1 year of related industry experience.
- Technical experience in electronics and informatics preferred
- Self-motivated, excellent communication, documentation, writing and reviewing skills.
- Experience in characterization of liquid chromatography separation systems (hardware) and evaluating their impact on method transfer to external labs is a plus.
- Familiarity with Waters and Agilent (U)HPLC hardware. Familiarity with Empower, Masslynx, Masshunter, and XCalibur CDS are preferred.
- Position requires approximately 80% time on hands-on bench work with the remainder performed in an office setting.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nadine Rucci at (+1) 215-531-5281 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.