We are currently in search for a ADME Scientist to join an established pharmaceutical organisation in Switzerland. You will be expected to be contracted for 1 year working on vitro assay techniques to estimate fractions.
- Conduct the laboratory work in enzymology/DDI and allied experimental areas of small molecule drug metabolism as e.g. incubation of test substances using hepatocytes, human liver microsomes, recombinant enzymes.
- Analysing incubation samples via LC-MS/MS and radio-HPLC, including the method development and/or validation.
- Plan, monitor, communicate and report enzymology/DDI studies both in a drug discovery and in drug development setting reporting to the respective laboratory staff and supervisors.
- Perform rigorous verification and develop best practices to improve the regular enzymology/DDI assays where current approaches are inadequate.
- Some time may be spent on supporting to develop new enzyme phenotyping methodologies and approaches.
Skills and Requirements
- PhD or Post Doc in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacokinetics or equivalent discipline with an interest in drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics (DMPK) and pharmacodynamics (PD)
- Min 3/5 years of experience in similar position
- Experience in bioanalysis & in vitro assays
- Experience in industry
- Excellent knowledge of metabolic enzyme biochemistry (e.g. CYP, UGT), kinetics assessment and the respective experimental designs.
- You have a strong interest in translational approaches leveraging in vitro data and clinical data.
- Working knowledge of regulatory expectations for enzymology studies (e.g. chemical inhibition, recombinant enzyme and correlation studies)
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.