Academic Account Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the Academic Success Manager to join a pharmaceutical company in Spain. The Academic Success Manager is accountable for profitable achievement of sales objectives for existing accounts in an assigned territory. You will be expected to identify opportunities to grow, cross-sell and penetrate the customer utilizing the portfolio of products and services.
- Standard CSM duties for CSMs +
- Builds and nurture a network of partners at multi-level in the universities and public research organisations in order to ensure and secure presence in this market.
- Is accountable for securing and developing the Book of Business of the Academic customers of the assigned region.
- Is a member of and participates to the Global Academic Business Council made up of a cross-functional team of staff and managers focused on serving our global academic customers.
- Gets the support of Customer Success Specialist partners that will ensure Academic users are onboarded and trained on solutions.
- Anticipates and drives growth of additional services and coverage levels by conducting thorough needs assessments and matches these needs to the appropriate solutions.
- Attend/present at trade shows, events and conferences
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience within the scientific information / data industry
- 7+ years of experience selling in the Academic and Public Research market
- Significant and relevant experience in initiating and developing relationship to multi-level stakeholders, influencers and decision-makers within the academic and public research landscape.
- Public Relations experience in the scientific research landscape is a plus.
- MUST- be able to work in English and at least 2 of the 3 following languages: French, Spanish, Italian.
- Strong relationship builder. Collaborative advocate for new ideas and new ways of doing business
- Track record of exceeding sales metrics and goals. Demonstrated negotiation and creative deal-making skills in the academic environment.
- Able to build deals and partnerships that go beyond simply proposing the biggest financial offer
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.