VP Software Engineering
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a VP Software Engineer with a computational imaging company located in Seattle, WA. As the VP of Software Engineering, you will lead several highly specialized engineering teams, while enhancing the technical talents within the organization and delivering groundbreaking innovation to the market.
- Mentor, inspire and motivate a multi-discipline software engineering team spanning: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics Navigation, Mixed Reality and Medical Devices Software.
- Ensure that the Engineering team can make sustainable technical and architectural decisions with minimal bottlenecks or roadblocks.
- Demonstrate accountability and ownership over a product roadmap to deliver work that is properly scoped and prioritized.
- Build and foster a culture of engineering excellence and accountability.
- Serve as a key partner and cross-functional leader to the Senior Leadership Team and other departments within the company.
- Provide guidance and oversight for engineering teams to solve a class of problems highly technical in nature.
- Collaborate with Recruiting/HR to identify, attract and hire world-class engineering talent.
- Create, communicate, and execute on a clear technical vision that aligns with the company's strategy.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Translate strategy into product reality across multiple technology streams to deliver a single product experience to market.
- Provide guidance on designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance in a regulated environment.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers serving multiple functions MS/PHD in Computer Science, Math, Computer Engineering, or a related degree and equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience, leveraging object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms, utilizing C++ (primary), C#, Python, and similar languages/frameworks.
- An entrepreneurial and mission-focused mindset.
- A proven ability to successfully execute against strategy in tandem with other functions.
- A track record of managing and growing a geographically distributed team.
- Previous experience rapidly scaling an engineering team at a start-up is a plus.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts and implications clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Lewis Rooney at (+1) 415-481-3817 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.