VP Medical Affairs
A leading Pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialisation of therapeutics for the treatment of chronic infections, is currently recruiting for a VP of Medical Affairs position. Based in Germany, this is an exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an established and in-demand company.
- Developing the medical meeting EU strategy and materials; conduct advisory boards and professional society relationships.
- Developing, implementing, guiding and communicating the company's Medical Affairs strategy and activities.
- Driving the scientific agenda by focusing and aligning resources with key priorities in the region and globally.
- Overseeing the compliance of all Medical Affairs activities with company's policies and procedures, local regulatory and legal requirements, and ensure that appropriate systems and SOPs/processes are in place.
- Working closely with the commercial organisation to bring medical perspective to commercial strategies and tactics and collaborate on most efficient and effective ways for field-based teams to work together.
- Provide strategic input to the clinical development and commercial organisations on post-marketing clinical development and investigator-initiated studies, publication plans, KOL/advisory board plans, continuing medical education plans to optimise the product profile to build product awareness and gain strategic insights for marketing and development strategy.
- Leading the development and implementation of medical education and medical liaising strategies, with an emphasis on meeting the market requirements and unmet medical needs in target patient populations.
- An understanding of the complexity of (and emerging trends in) drug development and pan-EU regulations for drug commercialisation, launch and lifecycle management, as well as detailed knowledge of common local, medical practices.
- Building on existing and establish new relationships with the leading KOLs, principal investigators, and key medical groups/associations.
Skills and Requirement:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Prior Medical Affairs experience is required, a MD is strongly preferred.
- Strong Therapeutic Area knowledge and previous experience in Virology or Immunology preferred.
- Leadership in a launch setting with exceptional presentation skills, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Track record of developing KOL networks within specialty therapeutic areas.
- Successful track record of overseeing product launches and lifecycle management, preferably across several European countries/territories with different access challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain scientific credibility while being commercially supportive, to communicate scientific results and effectively respond to data queries from customers and/or consultants.
- Experience in working in a dynamic, start-up environment is a strong advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong formal presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including collaboration, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, strategic thinking, manages complexity, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Competent computer skills: Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other major European languages is an advantage.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Hermann Baer at +49 699 418 9070 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.