VP Clinical Operations
Proclinical is seeking a VP Clinical Operations for a cutting-edge medical clinic located in Miami, FL.
As the VP of Clinical Operations, you will handle the day-to-day operations of the 6 growing research clinics and over 100+ staff, including physicians. This role will lead operations across all current clinical sites, and future sites to ensure that the operational and financial objectives are met. The individual in this position is directly accountable to ensure the following targets are met enrollment goals, compliance standards, clinical trial milestones, study and site budgets, company profitability, revenue goals and staff retention.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Strategic & Financial Planning: Collaborates in the development and implementation of the company's long-range strategic operational plan ensuring it is consistent with the overall master plan. Develops, plans, and participates in the implementation of departmental and site goals by actively participating in strategic planning and goals setting activities. Initiates and recommends actions to accomplish these objectives. Evaluates and makes recommendations towards enhancing or improving the company's strategic plan, performance measures, and initiatives to improve effectiveness. Monitors financial (revenue and profit) key performance indicators on an ongoing basis, investigates budget variances, and adjusts operations or recommends adjustments, as necessary. Develops department and site annual budgets (operational and capital) on a timely basis. Works closely with the Director of Finance and Business Operations to establish financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with company expenditure requirements while meeting operational demands. Designs and executes programs for the provision of capital required by the division. Reviews individual needs of each site for expansion and restructuring. Organizes and implements layouts for construction development or expansion into new sites. Collaborates with business development, patient recruitment and M & A leadership to drive organic and new growth within market targets.
- Clinical Expertise: Provides direct oversight and management of Clinical Operations Managers and other Clinical Operations leaders involved in clinical trial execution and other functional groups as assigned. Implements a strong quality culture within Clinical Operations ensuring all clinical trials are conducted according to ICH/GCP requirements, corporate/departmental SOPs/ policies, and industry best practices. Provides operational and clinical expertise and strategic insights to assist partner companies develop strategy, design, and methodology of clinical development programs. Provides strategic and tactical guidance in risk management and anticipates/recognizes risks and issues on studies; oversees resolution and/or escalation of study related issues. Leads and executes initiatives to build clinical department infrastructure and to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes and procedures. Contributes to development of SOPs.
- Responsible to ensure clinical trials are conducted in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and are inspection ready. Recruits, motivates, and manages all clinical operations leadership staff with the goal of building and training a high performing team.
- People Leadership: Translates strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, helping to implement company-wide goal setting. Oversees employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive through mentorship, orientation programs and educational opportunities. Helps develop KPI's, bonus structures and data driven performance metrics. Creates a positive and productive work environment to attract and retain staff, providers, and patients. Works collaboratively with other Directors, Managers and HR to address personnel issues.
- Process Improvement: Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures and presents suggestions to senior leadership for consideration. Ensures patient and client satisfaction scores related to each site demonstrates continuous improvement.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum B.A./B.S. degree in science/healthcare field or a nursing/psychiatry/psychology degree
- 10+ years' experience of Clinical Operations experience at biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, site or CRO, with at least 5+ years of people management
- Minimum of 2 year's experience with psychiatric trials is ideal
- Demonstrated strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Detailed knowledge of GCP, ICH Guidelines and current US FDA regulations
- Budget & financial management
- Clear and effective communication & diplomacy skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate across disciplines with demonstrated ability to effectively lead multi-disciplinary global teams
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Travel required to sites with the Miami-Dade and Broward County areas
- Travel out of state up to 10%
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ciara Noble at +(1) 323-518-2700 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.