Vivarium Care Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Vivarium Care Specialist for a leading contract research laboratory located in Cranbury, NJ. Successful candidate will perform vivarium and animal care, maintenance, and sanitation; including running a cage washer and tunnel washer, keeping laboratory supplies filled and organized, pest control monitoring, and environmental monitoring.
- Rodent handling/husbandry; including hand restraint of animals, transfer of animals between cages, animal receipt, animal observations, and simple biological sample collections, maintaining food and water for animals, and daily animal housing room upkeep.
- Vivarium care; including facility sanitation, cage/tunnel washing, autoclave use, and facility maintenance. Includes sweeping, mopping, cleaning, washing/decontamination, and keeping areas organized and prepared for study initiation.
- Assist with routine vivarium environmental monitoring.
- Maintain research notebooks in a well-organized manner to ensure all necessary documentation is recorded. Additionally, tabulate and record results.
- Keep laboratory supplies filled and organized, pest control monitoring, and environmental monitoring.
- Perform laboratory waste management duties.
- Keep inventory of supplies and restock areas when needed.
- Receive specific instructions on assigned task and expected results.
- Deliver accurate results on assigned tasks within the expected timeframe.
- Prepare standard solutions used in the laboratory.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Comply with all safety rules, practice good housekeeping, and maintain safe workplace without supervision.
- Follow company's safety policies, practices and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
Skills and Requirements:
- HS Diploma or Associates Degree
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in animal care or related field, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of animal science, biology, or a related discipline a plus. Any similar combination of education and experience.
- An Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) certification from American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in sample processing and sample analysis.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Amanda Rivera at (+1) 267-435-8555 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.