Virology Laboratory Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Virology Laboratory Technician with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Maintain cell cultures in accordance to SOPs and testing records
- Conduct assays and lab procedures as outlined in testing record and regulatory guidelines.
- Accurately complete testing records and other required documentation according to Good Documentation Practices
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer or Laboratory Manager.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleague's daily lab activities.
- Prepare reagents and re-stock labs with supplies.
- Maintaining equipment's cleaning logs.
- Maintain, passaging and seeding cells
- Train on departmental assays such as in vitro and detection assays
- Initiate nonconformances
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Works under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Maybe required to work Holidays and weekends
- Maybe required to work Overtime
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
Skills and Requirements:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Bachelors' degree in Biological Sciences or other science related field or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.