Vice President Program Manager
A global pharmaceutical company, is looking for a Vice President Program Manager to join their office in Frankfurt. The company specialises in neurological conditions and puts a great emphasis on teamwork and delivering biological products.
- Responsible for drug development program management, including the development and maintenance of realistic, up to date and high-quality program plans and total cost.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including finance to ensure portfolio delivery to agreed timelines and assigned budget.
- Oversee execution of preclinical and clinical studies to support the Company pipeline.
- Support all regulatory submissions, approvals and commercialization procedures.
- Oversee efficient decision-making processes, stage gates, resource assessment and assignment along all products/portfolio to enable fast go/no go decision making.
- Lead project portfolio and resource management, i.e. steer the project portfolio and settle resource issues based on an agreed project prioritization
- Leads the Project Management Office ensuring all functional areas are represented and all voices heard to facilitate enterprise-wide decision-making that ensures achievement of corporate goals and the strategic plan.
- Ensures identification of gaps in systems, process, people working closely with related functions to ensure program progress is kept on track. (Quality/Regulatory/Clinical/Operations etc.)
- Manage program managers, and team leaders of the project management office and project portfolio & resource management
- Manage and Lead PM budget and organizational/program budgets
Skills and Requirements
- An advanced Degree in Life Sciences (Ph.D., or Pharm. D) or an MBA with equivalent work experience is a plus.
- Strong business acumen is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the drug development process is required and familiarity with pharmaceutical portfolio risk management is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills is a must for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives.
- Experience in strategic thinking and contingency planning is required.
- A high degree of organizational awareness and understanding of change management is preferred.
- Strong leadership competencies and management experience
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
A full job description is available on request.