Upstream Research Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate for our client, located in West Chester, PA. Successful candidate will work in the Upstream of Biologics CMC Process Development Department.
- Support cell culture process development for early to late stages assets in the pipeline. The duties will include, but not limited to, bioreactor running, record keeping, data analysis, lab upkeep, and presentations of the findings to internal teams.
- Work in a collaborative setting and independently operate bench-top scale and pilot scale bioreactors, including proactive planning, and successful execution of complex experimental protocols for process development, characterization, scale-up and technology assessment.
- Develop experimental plan and execute cell culture and/or harvest studies in laboratory either individually or in teams.
- Perform routine cell culture maintenance & seed culture expansion to support bioreactor runs.
- Perform process development/characterization and scale-up experiments with CHO cells expressing monoclonal antibody in shaker flasks and multiple scale (≤10L, 50, 100, 200L) bioreactors.
- Perform equipment set-up, sterilization, daily operation, sampling and in-process analytical testing.
- Know the principles of cell culture process intensification: perfusion, medium optimization, advanced control strategies.
- Maintain laboratory analytical and other equipment, coordinate calibration etc, and manage raw material stocks and supplies
- Maintain a compliant laboratory operation in accordance with development protocols, internal procedures and policies.
- Record experiments in lab notebooks and perform needed data analysis.
- Perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with growing level of independence and in a collaborative manner.
- Present technical data in internal group meetings and write technical reports
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/MS in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related fields.
- 3-8 years of experience in cell culture/fermentation process development and/or manufacturing sciences supporting cell culture operation in the biopharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Hand-on experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Samantha Reader at (+1) 267-983-0134 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.