Technical Sales Representative, Analytical Instruments
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Proclinical is seeking a Technical Sales Representative, Analytical Instruments for a cutting-edge laboratory located in Washington DC.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Direct the sales of thermal analysis, rheology, microcalorimetry, and thermophysical systems instruments to R&D labs, QC labs, government and academic laboratories within assigned territory.
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and training.
- Strive to pursue new business prospects and penetrate differentiating accounts.
- Communicate via email, social media, and phone with potential new customers and forward appropriate information to corresponding territory sales representative for follow-up.
- Work closely with Sales Representatives, Inside Sales team, and Regional Applications staff to discuss leads and research strategies on a weekly basis.
- Maintain an up-to-date customer/contact database to support the distribution of marketing materials.
- Attend product related technical shows and other marketing related activities and represent company products and services.
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or other technical field.
- 2+ years experience in capital equipment sales; prior thermal, rheology, microcalorimetry, or thermophysical properties experience highly desirable
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and be ultra-responsive to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically including an effective telephone presence and professional email correspondence.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to prioritize activities that achieve sales goals, good time and territory management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and credit card.
- Must be able to travel both by ground and air carrier.
- Must be willing to travel 80-90% of the job.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Manon Fuller at +(1) 323-319-3090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.