Supply Chain Specialist
A leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Supply Chain Specialist to their office in Germany. Specialising in multiple therapy areas, the company boasts a superb pipeline with products that include treatments for diabetes, cancer and asthma. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a company that operates in over 90 countries across the globe.
- 30% - Supporting the company's integration project and playing an active role for assigned SC and CS topics.
- 30% - Supporting the harmonisation of the SC and CS processes (return policy, payment term harmonisation etc.).
- 30% - Leading the backup role for coordinating the communication flow between the company and 4PL/3PL.
- 10% - SC Business partner for customised special businesses (Ex: Hematology and Immunology).
(The split of responsibilities might change depending on SC Organisational requirements)
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Ability to manage customer order processing for the cluster with 100% accuracy; and meet simultaneously, Business Unit and SC goals.
- Specific challenges and complexities revolve around balancing service, schedule compliance, productivity/cost objectives due to constraints, QA issues, change controls, projects, etc.
- Ability to manage emergency situations.
- Balance the requirements of compliance (Corporate, Financial, Quality, Taxation and Global Trade) to achieve a sustainable and scalable Customer Support.
- Deal with ambiguity through appropriate risk mitigation.
Internal and External Contacts
- List contacts this job advises, consults, or coordinates with on a regular basis. Describe to whom the job is accountable. Indicate each contact category (Internal, Vendor, Customer, or Other) and provide examples.
Primary Internal Contacts: Primary External Contacts:
- Manage several different customers at one given time.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3 years of progressive experience in various customer service or supply chain roles within the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries.
- Knowledge of ERP systems including packages relating to customer order processing and Supply Chain Mgmt. (i.e. SAP, JDE, Siebel).
- Knowledge of different aspects of regulatory compliance that impact a pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Compliance with internal procedures and country-specific regulations and requirements.
- Ensure good interaction and consistency in terms of best practice, systems and processes exist between the different components and locations of the Customer Service organisation.
- Provide open and collaborative ways of working to support various functional and/or departmental initiatives evaluating major issues and removing or reducing the risk from obstacles/variables that may arise.
- Support implementation of Continuous Improvement initiatives (including Lean Sigma/Operational Excellence).
- Grow relationships with internal customers and align on critical timelines with finance and other function leads to ensure business activities are being managed accordingly.
- Externally, occasional interaction will occur with IT consultants, 3PL and other providers. The management of external contacts will require strong influential skills due to a strong need for all external contacts to be fully engaged and bought into the process.
- Excellent communication skills including presenting to individuals at different seniority levels are a must.
- Excellent knowledge of customer service and or supply chain environments.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, required to facilitate information flow across internal/external supply chain partners and customers.
- Experience of delivering quality service to a customer in a compliant environment.
- Fluent English and German language skills.
- This position may include national/international travel on a limited basis to ensure the required systems and processes are integrated or implemented.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Luke Saner at ++443300524502 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.