Supplier Quality Engineer
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer with a medical device company located in Jacksonville, FL. Successful candidate possess a high degree of technical competency and project management skills to successfully lead their assigned sub-projects and extended cross-functional team members in pursuit of raw material objectives related to quality, delivery, cost, and design (e.g. changes, NPI introductions, etc.).
- Lead and/or participate in a least three technical projects in parallel from the large and complex to smaller activities and tasks, utilizing appropriate Project Management / FPx tools and Six Sigma / Process Excellence tools. Deliver, through cross-functional coordination, not only the direct technical project activities but also all related regulatory, clinical, marketing, and other actions required to bring the project to market (e.g. a strong end-to-end mindset).
- Lead and/or participate in complex quality and failure investigations involving their project, partnering with the appropriate cross-functional resources and subject matter expertise as required, to identify root cause and implement corrective action. Communicate updates and progress and escalates appropriately.
- Provide guidance and input to leadership as it relates to the ability to maintain adequate support to meet delivery. Anticipate future constraints and raises, gains approval, and executes activities in advance of any constraints to ensure continuity of supply to customers.
- Employ detailed knowledge of injection molding process parameters, tool / part design, assembly processes and techniques, LEAN/Six Sigma tools, and other engineering techniques to constantly identify, raise, gain approval, and execute, in collaboration with external and internal partners, to deliver improvement opportunities within the raw material supply chain against targets.
- Lead and/or participate in design changes to existing components and sub-assemblies, in partnership with appropriate design resources supporting lifecycle activities. Partner with R&D to delivery pFMEA's/control plans, ensuring the receipt of a stable and capable process into sustaining engineering on-going lifecycle technical support.
Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline. An advanced degree is preferred. A professional engineering certification is preferred.
- Medical Device Industry Preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience (15+ years is preferred).
- Demonstrated technical project management skills and experience (PMP/PMI certification, FPx certification, or equivalent preferred).
- Demonstrated Six Sigma / Process Excellence / LEAN skills and related tool usage (Belt Certification preferred).
- Significant experience in plastic injection molding processes, materials, part/tool design and systems, metrology equipment and inspection systems, GD&T, and related skills and technologies is required. A master molder certification is preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Samantha Reader at 267-983-0134 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.