A well-established CRO is in search of a Statistics Manager in London. This role serves three key roles within the business: a technical role, a supervisory role and a business role, within these roles you will be expected to carry out line management and/or project management functions.
- Provide consultancy support for existing and / or new clients.
- Perform technical review and provide input into clinical trial documents including protocols, CRFs, CSRs.
- Author and review study SAP, TFL shells and dataset specifications.
- Support study and/or compound level activities advising on study design and statistical issues across phases and therapeutic areas.
- Author, validate and document SAS programs for datasets, TFLs and macros, applying good programming practice.
- Line management of statisticians, programmers and other technical staff. Accountable for overall performance of direct reports.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of staff to achieve "excellence". Direct employee career development and ensure line reports receive appropriate training to perform their day-to-day jobs.
- Interview and effectively on-board and integrate new staff members.
- Responsible for project related governance.
- Proactive management of resource, scope change and risks.
- Input into internal process improvement initiative and promote process improvement across the business.
- Provide technical input into proposals and budgets and support bid defence meetings, where applicable.
- Provide technical content for marketing materials.
- Develop and provide internal technical training where appropriate.
- Represent discipline and support junior members of staff at external events.
- Present on technical subject internally, externally and at client meetings.
Skills and Requirements
- MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent).
- At least 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and different study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions.
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Leadership experience (people and/or projects).
- Ability to make informed and appropriate decisions.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.