Sr. Research Associate - Pathobiology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Associate of Pathobiology for a leading pharmaceutical company located in South San Francisco. Successful candidate will have experience in histotechnology and with techniques in microtomy (FFPE tissues) and cryosectioning (FF tissues) for IHC (immunohistochemistry).
- Perform various histological techniques.
- Prepare tissue specimens by sectioning FFPE and/or FF tissues (using a cryostat and/or microtome), and mount on glass slides for microscopic examination and analysis.
- The research associate will be essential in the upkeep of the tissue database by accessioning tissue blocks, slides, and organizing the tissue inventory for the pathobiology team.
- The individual will be part of the Pathobiology team that will support drug development in diverse therapeutic areas such as fibrosis, inflammation, oncology, and virology.
Skills and Requirements:
- AA/AS, BA/BS or higher in an area of biological science, ideally specializing in anatomy-related medical science required.
- At least 1+ year(s) of experience in histotechnology (routine histology skills) and experience in sectioning is a must.
- Carefully follows scientific protocols and applies meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Techniques in microtomy (FFPE tissues) and cryosectioning (FF tissues) for Immunohistochemistry (IHC).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.