Sr. Engineering Manager - Data & Analytics
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineering Manager of Data and Analytics with a global pharmaceutical company located in Santa Clara, CA. Successful candidate must have a strong background in data science and the ability to map research algorithms into a commercial product architecture, considering performance, cost, technology selection, robustness, data integration standards, and other systems-engineering and data-engineering considerations.
- Software Delivery: this is a hands-on management position and you will be expected to lead the team to design and deliver software components, with the skills needed to understand and lead the design of the software, and to write code when needed.
- People Management: as a people manager, you'll be responsible for hiring, growing and motivating engineers on your team, ensuring you recruit and retain top talent.
- Best Practices: lead the team to deliver on their commitments, ensuring the design and planning is accurate and work is delivered on time with quality; drive best practices in Agile and Software Delivery.
- Leadership: leads the team when they're stuck on a difficult problem by finding practical, creative solutions; mentor and develop the team on technical concepts; ensures a culture that values technical excellence together with support and compassion for individuals.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline (CS, Eng, etc.)
- 8 - 12+ years of software engineering experience, with 3+ years of prior management experience preferred.
- Strong experience with large-scale, high-throughput data applications, including experience with big data technology like Kafka and Spark (or equivalent).
- Strong experience in developing highly available and scalable services using event-driven reactive architecture to provide a real time services and ML models (experience with Vertx is a plus).
- Experience with Web services and API development on enterprise platforms - Experience in developing GraphQL APIs is a clear plus.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes and their maintenance (such as continuous integration, test automation, etc.)
- Strong foundation in Digital Health models.
- Strong foundation in machine learning, with experience building ML models.
- High 'Get-it' factor - a quick learner with the ability to understand complex problems and develop and deliver innovative solutions.
- Strong product sensibility, with the ability to translate customer needs into pragmatic solutions.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to navigate complex corporate environments and influence stakeholders and partners.
- Experience in healthcare is not required, but familiarity with healthcare systems and data and workflows is a plus (e.g. HL7, IHE, FHIR).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Lewis Rooney at (+1) 415-481-3817 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.