Sr. Embedded Systems Engineer
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer with a global medical technology company located in Redwood City, CA. As the Senior Embedded Systems Engineer, you will work in a team environment with all functional groups on the planning and hands-on execution of projects necessary to meet the needs of our doctors, their patients, and families.
- Hands on embedded programming of therapeutic medical devices from concept to implementation and full documentation.
- Analyze use cases and document software requirements specifications and software design documents. Obtain feedback and cross-functional approval of documents.
- Define, plan, and conduct formal technical design and test reviews.
- Lead and apply risk management tools including risk matrix, risk impact/probability charts, FMEA, PFMEA, to software.
- Guide, develop, and review verification strategies to test designs.
- Effectively communicate and work with all levels of the organization.
- Multi-task and prioritize work based on the shifting needs of the organization.
- Function effectively in the start-up environment of a large corporation.
- Leverage appropriate tools such a MS PowerPoint and Project to communicate, plan, implement, and track projects.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with at least 5 years of work experience, OR Master's degree in Electrical and at least 3 years of technical engineering professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience writing, documenting, troubleshooting, and releasing embedded code. Experience developing code for mid-to-large embedded or real-time applications, with responsibility for designing and implementing solutions that are currently in commercial use.
- Experience leading complex embedded/real-time software/systems projects that included 3+ embedded engineers.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills - ability to analyze issues, design requirements and propose solid engineering solutions that meet business requirements.
- Ability to generating technical documentation such as product requirements, specifications, risk matrix, project schedules, engineering reports, test plans & procedures, validation plans, or validation reports.
- Experience developing products in a highly regulated industry such as medical devices. Experience within the medical device space highly desirable. Experience with a class II medical devices also highly desirable.
- Skilled with the use of scheduling software such as MS Project, Power Point, etc.
- Effective communicator at all levels within the organization.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Lewis Rooney at (+1) 415-481-3817 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.