Sr. Director, Clinical Research
Proclinical is urgently recruiting for a Senior Director of Clinical Research in Foster City, CA. This tremendous opportunity is with a large and elite biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with their goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer.
- Oversee scientific and medical studies involving internal assets targeting inflammatory bowel disease.
- Provide input and direction on strategic development of internal assets from the drug discovery stage through product registrations worldwide.
- Report to a more senior member of the inflammation clinical team, who has direct responsibility for the overall research strategy and clinical and scientific development activities.
- Conceptualizing, planning and executing clinical trials.
- Preparation and review of regulatory documents, IND annual reports, IND safety reports, investigator brochures, and development plans.
- Medical monitoring for clinical trials, including assessment of eligibility criteria, toxicity management, and drug safety surveillance.
- Manage the preparation and/or review of data listings, summary tables, study results, study reports, and clinical modules for filings.
- Prepare presentations for scientific conferences as well as for clinical study investigator meetings and expert advisory meetings.
- Develop manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Provide scientific and clinical guidance to Biology, Toxicology, Clinical Operations, Biometrics, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory, and Project Management functional areas
- Assist in the clinical evaluation of business development opportunities.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD or equivalent. Gastroenterology fellowship or experience in gastroenterology preferred.
- 3+ years# experience in drug development. Experience in drug development for IBD or other inflammatory diseases preferred.
- Experience in the oversight and design of clinical research studies with understanding of Good Clinical Practice.
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific concepts related to drug pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and toxicology.
- Experience with developing relationships and collaborations with external experts in discussions related to study design, study conduct, and interpretation of clinical results.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set vision, lead change, and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team to cultivate an inclusive environment of respectful, open, and honest dialogue.
- Well-developed sense of integrity, strong work ethic, scrupulous attention to detail, clear ability to establish and maintain timelines, and persistent commitment to ensuring a high level of quality.
- Excellent scientific written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to company, scientific, regulatory, investigator, and other meetings (10% travel expected).
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Proclinical at email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.