Sr. Data Engineer
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer with a global AI healthcare provider located in Mountain View, CA. As the Sr. Data Engineer, you will be a member of a small, agile team fairly early in its data-engineering journey and have a tremendous opportunity to make a big impact.
- Design and build data infrastructure with efficiency, reliability and consistency to meet rapidly growing data needs.
- Design data pipelines and data integrations to collect, clean and store large datasets (streaming and batch).
- Maintain the privacy of our users and partners by helping ensure best practices in security and data handling continue as we grow.
- Help establish and maintain a high-level of operational excellence in data engineering
- Collaborate with teams across the company to help develop data products that drive company success.
- Evaluate, integrate, and build tools to accelerate Data Engineering, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics as needed.
- Drive data literacy across business functions.
Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years data engineering or equivalent knowledge and ability.
- 7+ years software engineering or equivalent knowledge and ability.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Expertise in Spark (or Storm/Flink/MapReduce/Impala/Hive).
- In-depth knowledge of AWS (including EMR, DMS, Athena, RDS, Aurora, Lambda, Redshift, etc.)
- Expertise in stream data processing (e.g., DMS, Flink, Spark, Kinesis, Kafka).
- Strong proficiency in two of the following programming languages: Python, Scala, and Java.
- Demonstrated expertise in Object Oriented and/or Functional programming including a solid grasp of common design patterns, idioms, and design.
- Fluency in data structures, algorithms, distributed computing, storage systems, and assorted consistency models.
- Familiarity with pandas, SciPy, scikit-learn, seaborn, SparkML.
- A love of data and a desire to help people use data effectively in a startup environment.
- Knowledge of multiple database technologies, their tradeoffs, and how to make the best use of each.
- Willingness to learn and mentor in a collaborative team environment.
- Humility with an intrinsic positive drive.
- Passion for developing a world-class engineering culture.
- Value, respect, and an enthusiasm for diversity, inclusion, and alternative perspectives.
- Goal-oriented, with a desire to create an environment of psychological safety.
- Willingness to ask questions and the ability to break down a problem to its smallest parts.
- Effective communication (oral and written!) across a range of audiences.
- Ability to thrive in an environment promoting and enabling collaboration.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Lewis Rooney at (+1) 415-481-3817 or email@example.com
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.