Sr. Computational Biologist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Computational Biologist for a leading biotechnology company located in Daly City, CA. As the Sr. Computational Biologist, you will help build and expand our client's computational biology discovery platform. The successful candidate will join a team of data scientists, computational biologists, bench scientists, and automation engineers to mobilize genetics and functional genomics data towards the discovery of new therapeutic targets and drugs.
- Become an integral member of our target and drug discovery teams, helping to move programs from concept to the clinic
- Help design and interpret functional genomics and computational biology experiments, often integrating data from genetics and external sources
- Work with the Human Genetics, Functional Genomics, Stem Cell and Drug Discovery departments to design and implement cutting-edge analysis and visualization tools and production-quality bioinformatics pipelines
- Communicate data and scientific results to both internal and external audiences, advise on analytical and statistical best practices, and contribute to open-source and collaborative projects
- Propose new approaches and methods using your computational biology expertise, elevating our ability to break barriers in target discovery
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, or other scientific field that has relevance to high-dimensional biological data; 2+ years' experience (industry or academic) is preferred
- Demonstrated success developing and applying statistical and computational methods for analyzing and interpreting diverse functional genomics experiments
- Familiarity with pipelines and best practices for analyzing genomics data and diverse modern applications of sequencing technologies (including various high throughput and single cell applications)
- Extensive experience in the use of a high-level programming language (particularly R/Bioconductor, or Python/Pandas)
- A demonstrated ability to understand scientific needs from multiple R&D functions and a drive to bring complex projects to successful conclusion
- Experience working and communicating with diverse scientific teams; strong data presentation, analytical and visualization skills
- A highly motivated, proactive and "can-do" disposition
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jeff Chorpenning at (+1) 628-220-4284 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.