Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Sourcing Manager with a biotechnology company located in Boston, MA.
- Stakeholders Engagement. Lead stakeholders engagement efforts at the management level to ensure Sourcing is aligned with their objectives, while securing their sponsorship to meet corporate.
- Develop sourcing strategies within assigned category. This includes obtaining business requirements from key internal clients, leading cross-functional sourcing teams, conducting market research, and sourcing strategy creation from these two pieces of due diligence.
- Execution of sourcing strategies. This includes leading cross-functional teams, developing and managing the sourcing implementation plans, and performing all business-related functions of the sourcing initiative, negotiating contracts, and transitioning to the business units for implementation.
- Supplier relationship management. This includes development and tracking of key performance indicators for the category of spend, facilitating key/strategic supplier-company business meetings, and supporting key operational due diligence efforts.
- Category maintenance. This includes contract life-cycle, category databases, scanning the marketplace for changes and managing any known or potential business impact and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Continuous Improvement. This includes both department/category business process and systems/tools improvements and personal development.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, preferably in Biotech / Pharmaceutical / Medical Device industry.
- Minimum of 3 years strategic sourcing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years negotiating a variety of contracts.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a matrix environment is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyze and interpret data to create effective strategies.
- Knowledge of R&D, Technical and Product Development functions and GxPs.
- Initiates new project proposals in pursuit of corporate, divisional and business unit objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as reporting and analysis tool.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Bri Copeland at 267-297-3280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.