A specialist CRO is in search of a Senior Statistician is to provide statistical support to the statistics and programming department across a range of projects, clients and therapeutic areas. This organisation focuses on delivering high quality statistics and programming for the reporting phase.
- Communicate rationale and mechanics of study designs & analysis methods.
- Lead internal and client study team meetings effectively.
- Present study updates internally and at client meetings.
- Perform technical and consistency review of clinical trial documents including protocols, SAPs, CRFs, CSRs.
- Author simple and complex study SAP and TFL shells.
- Author and review simple and complex dataset standards.
- Share scientific, technical and practical knowledge within the team and with colleagues.
- Perform work in full compliance with applicable internal and client policies, procedures, processes and training.
- Build effective collaborative working relationships with internal and client team members.
- Seek opportunities to develop innovative ideas, sharing when appropriate.
- Line management or mentorship of more junior team members.
- Contribution to development of internal training materials.
- Contribution to internal process improvement initiatives.
Skills and Requirement
- MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience.2
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and different study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions.
- Proficiency in data handling using SAS or other statistical software (e.g. R).
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.