Senior Staff Nurse
We are seeking a Senior Staff Nurse, to join a pharmaceutical company in Singapore.
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients in the ward area to ensure delivery of a high standard of care.
- In the absence of the ward manager assume responsibility for the management of daily operational responsibilities in the ward including, work allocation, deployment and supervision of staff to ensure smooth running of the ward.
- In conjunction with the Ward Manager to set, monitor and evaluate standards of care within the defined policies, procedures, standards and protocols of the Ward, Directorate and Division to ensure adherence to, and delivery of a high quality service.
- In conjunction with the Ward manager to ensure that all nursing staff are aware of, and work within, local, directorate and Division policies and procedures to ensure that safe working practices are maintained for both patients and staff. Would also propose changes to policies/procedures and working practices within own area.
- To participate in leading, supporting, counselling and appraising junior grades of staff to ensure development needs are identified and a cohesive multidisciplinary team approach is maintained.
- Meet ongoing development needs.
- To develop the role by using evidence-based practice and continuously improve own knowledge, following PREP guidelines.
- To ensure that equipment (both disposable and non-disposable) is maintained and stock managed to ensure economical use of all resources.
- To participate in clinical audit and research programmes within the ward area to ensure continuous development of evidenced based practice.
- Responsible for maintaining patient records within agreed standards.
Skills and Requirements
- Senior Staff Nurse (renal trained)
- Diploma / Degree in Nursing
- Registration with Singapore Nurse Board (SNB)
- Min 5 years of Registered Nurse in Singapore
- Min 3 years of hemodialysis experience
- Advance Training in hemodialysis is a plus
- Certified and valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.