Senior Scientist - Virology
A biotechnology company is looking for a brilliant Senior Scientist that specialises in Virology to join their team in Amsterdam. You will be part of a team that is innovating and developing the face of medicine.
- Optimizes the performance of baculovirus production platform.
- Is a subject matter expert (SME) in the field of baculovirus biology though having a deep understanding of (i.a.) virus genetics.
- Is an SME on the regulatory requirements for biological starting materials.
- Leads a team that is responsible for the generation of R&D pipeline and when necessary performs experiments her/himself.
- Analyzes and reviews experimental results, writes and reviews reports and sections of regulatory submission documents
- Manages timelines and resources for multiple programs.
- Represents PD department in project organization structures and acts as PD's point-of-contact for other departments. Maintains a robust communication with all relevant functions
- Acts as key consultant for higher management on scientific matters on her/his area of expertise.
- Proactively proposes new strategies and out-of-the-box approaches.
- Continuously updates her/himself with state-of-the-art technologies in the field and strives for higher scientific excellence to obtain the competitive advantage.
- Presents results in conferences, writes journal articles and scientific content of patent applications.
Skills and Requirements
- Holds a PhD (in Virology, or relevant life sciences).
- Possesses minimum 6 years of post-PhD work experience in relevant position, preferably in working with baculovirus.
- Experienced in multiple areas from the followings: e.g. cell culture, virology, genetics, sequence analysis, molecular biology, (virus) purification techniques, including hands-on experience.
- Recognized as an expert in a relevant area of expertise areas within and outside the company. perform scientific tasks without supervision.
- Possesses people management skill to manage a small team.
- Outstanding scientific writing skill demonstrated by publications and reports.
- Fluent in English.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.