Senior Scientist/Research Investigator, AAV Biology
Proclinical is working with a gene therapy start-up company, developing treatments for CNS and other areas of high unmet medical need. Our client is in search for a Senior Scientist/Research Investigator of AAV Biology for their Boston, MA location, to work in the laboratory and be responsible for experimental development, execution and data analysis for preclinical research studies supporting cutting edge therapeutic programs and AAV platform discovery research in neurodegenerative diseases, metabolic diseases, occular disorders and oncology areas.
- Develop and execute experimental bench work to build up AAV gene therapy platform
- Design and optimize AAV vector genome for candidate screening and lead selection
- Design and develop novel AAV capsids to meet clinical gene therapy need for various indications
- Collaborate with internal and external collaborators
- Performing data analyses and delivering data presentation to the scientific team
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records to provide documentation
- Contribute to high impact research publications/patent applications and regulatory filings
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD (+ 5 years) experience in virology, molecular biology, AAV biology or related discipline
- Deep knowledge in AAV biology and AAV gene therapy
- Hands-on experience with various molecular biology techniques, including DNA/RNA operations, quantitative PCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR, expression vector design, NGS, shRNA and miRNA
- Hands-on experience in AAV vector genome design, capsid engineering, research-grade AAV production and AAV-related QC analytic assays
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell cultures and cell-based assays for drug research and development
- Outstanding problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized
- Must be capable of working independently as well as in a collaborative/group environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong commitment to accountability with can-do attitude for completion of projects in accordance with team plans and timelines
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.