Senior Scientist, mRNA Vaccines
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of mRNA vaccines for an international pharmaceutical company located in Woburn, MA. As the Senior Scientist, you will report to the head of mRNA Gene Editing. Incumbent will participate in the early R&D of innovative mRNA vaccines and therapies for patients with serious diseases. The position requires passion, engagement and a desire to move projects forward with a can-do attitude.
- Benchwork investigator to support mRNA vaccination projects
- As a team effort, contribute to immuno/oncology, neoantigen and infectious disease therapy projects
- Design, produce and test innovative antigen peptides (including neoantigens)
- Adapt the mRNA therapeutic properties to selected disease profiles, improve antigenicity and efficacy of the vaccines, increase the likelihood of success in patients
- Plan, execute and monitor progress of in vivo studies at CROs
- Collaborate within the mRNA group, as well across other functions of the company - in particular with in house and external suppliers of promising delivery concepts
- Collaborate with world-class experts in the area of mRNA vaccines, delivery technologies, as well as disease KOL
- Collect, analyze and document experimental data
- Present the final results to team members and line manager
- Contribute to high impact research publications/patent applications and regulatory filings
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in biology or related discipline and 3+ years of relevant research experience
- Proficiency in the relevant areas of vaccine technology (antigen or neoantigen selection, humoral and cellular immune response, immune cell characterization)
- Familiarity with all relevant vaccine technologies (e.g. cell culture, primary cells, antibody characterization, ELISPOT, Flow Cytometry)
- Familiarity with a broad range of bioanalytical, molecular biology methods or biochemical assays to characterize mRNA and its impact on disease progression (such as ELISA, MSD, Flow Cytometry, RT-PCR, Nanostring)
- Capacity to identify and solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Can-do attitude and motivation to work independently as part of a very collaborative, international team
- Prior research experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry, in particular the therapeutic application of mRNA or SAM RNA as vaccines in combination with delivery concepts
- Understanding how to predict and improve antigenicity of antigens
- Experience with pre-clinical research using nucleic acid therapies leading to IND filings
- Patents or publications, if possible
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.