Senior Scientist, mRNA/Oligo Chemistry
Proclinical is urgently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of mRNA/Oligo Chemistry with a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the Senior Scientist, will advance our Oligonucleotide/Nucleotide/Nucleoside Chemistry (mRNA, antisense and siRNA) and contribute towards innovative therapies for patients with serious genetic diseases.
- Develop novel chemistries for mRNA and oligonucleotide therapeutics.
- Synthesize, purify, and characterize modified nucleosides/nucleotides/oligonucleotides.
- Synthesize DNA/RNA on solid support using automated synthesizers, purifies using HPLC-based methodologies, characterizes, and analyzes.
- Coordinate outsourcing work with CMOs and CROs.
- Works with and trains associates.
- Collaboratively works with biology, formulation, and bioinformatics scientists.
- Contributes to high impact research publications/patent applications and regulatory filings.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Organic/Synthetic Chemistry/Biochemistry or a relevant subject area from a reputed University with 5+ years of postdoctoral/industrial experience within the area of nucleoside, nucleotide, and oligonucleotide chemistry is required.
- Thorough knowledge of synthesis of modified nucleosides, nucleotides, DNA and RNA oligonucleotides is essential.
- Hands on experience in HPLC purification methods of nucleosides, nucleotides, DNA and RNA oligonucleotides is required.
- Experience with modern analytical and characterization methodologies, including but not limited to nmr, and mass spectrometry is essential.
- Experience directly dealing with CMOs and CROs is advantageous.
- Any experience working on RNA modifications for mRNA therapeutics is an added advantage.
- Experience working as a team member on projects and willing to collaborate with internal project teams developing various modalities of nucleic acid therapeutics is essential.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.