Senior Scientist, mRNA Cancer Vaccines
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of mRNA Cancer Vaccines for a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the Senior Scientist, you will work in the state-of-the-art laboratory and be responsible for experimental development, execution and data analysis for preclinical research studies supporting cutting edge therapeutic mRNA vaccine research and precision immuno-oncology therapeutic development.
- Develop and execute experimental bench work to build up neoantigen vaccine and therapeutic mRNA platform
- Design and execute neoantigen peptide identification and production
- Design and optimize DNA constructs for in vitro mRNA production, candidate screening and lead selection
- Design and conduct in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, safety and efficacy studies
- Collaborate with internal and external collaborators
- Performing data analyses and delivering data presentation to the scientific team
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records to provide documentation
- Contribute to high impact research publications/patent applications and regulatory filings
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD + several years experience in mRNA chemistry/biology; nanomedicine; nucleic acid pharmacology; synthetic nucleic-acid-based vaccines, immunotherapy, oncology or related discipline
- Deep knowledge in mRNA biology and clinical applications of mRNA therapy
- Deep knowledge in tumor biology, immunotherapy, and neoantigen vaccinology
- Hands-on experience in neo-antigen identification and production
- Hands-on experience with various molecular biology techniques, including DNA/RNA operations, in vitro transcription for mRNA synthesis, quantitative PCR, RT-qPCR, branched DNA assay, ddPCR, expression vector design, NGS, shRNA and miRNA
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell cultures, cell-based assays and immunological assays for drug research and development
- Familiar with and willing to work with rodent tumor models
- Outstanding problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized
- Must be capable of working independently as well as in a collaborative/group environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong commitment to accountability with can-do attitude for completion of projects in accordance with team plans and timelines
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.