(Senior) Scientist, mRNA Analytical Development
Proclinical is urgently recruiting for a (Senior) Scientist, mRNA Analytical Development with a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the Senior Scientist, you will advance our Oligonucleotide/Nucleotide/Nucleoside Chemistry (mRNA, antisense and siRNA) and contribute towards innovative therapies for patients with serious genetic diseases.
- Purify and analyze modified nucleosides/nucleotides and oligonucleotides.
- Assist in the synthesis of modified nucleosides/nucleotides/oligonucleotides.
- Purifies the molecules synthesized by the group using various methodologies including ion-exchange and RP HPLC methods.
- Characterizes, and analyzes the purified nucleosides/nucleotides and oligonucleotides using appropriate analytical methods.
- Coordinates outsourcing work with CMOs and CROs.
- Works with investigators and director of the team.
- Collaboratively works with biology, formulation, and bioinformatics scientists.
- Contributes to high impact research publications/patent applications and regulatory filings.
Skills and Requirements:
- A PhD or an MS in Organic/Synthetic Chemistry/Biochemistry or a relevant subject area from a reputed University is required.
- Candidates with appropriate synthesis, purification and analytical experience with less than a year experience for a PhD and 3-6 years experience for an MS candidate are considered.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of synthesis of modified nucleosides, nucleotides, DNA and RNA oligonucleotides is necessary.
- Thorough hands-on experience in HPLC purification methods of nucleosides, nucleotides, DNA and RNA oligonucleotides is required.
- Experience with modern analytical and characterization methodologies, including but not limited to nmr, and mass spectrometry is essential.
- Experience directly dealing with CMOs and CROs is advantageous.
- Any experience working on RNA modifications for mRNA therapeutics is an added advantage.
- Experience working as a team member on projects and willing to collaborate with internal project teams developing various nucleic acid therapeutics is necessary.
- Effective presentation skills of methodologies and results internally to colleagues, including bench scientists, project team leaders, research management, and at scientific conferences are required.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.