(Senior) Scientist, Machine Learning
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Machine Learning with a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Machine Learning Senior Scientist, you will collaborate with multi-disciplinary internal discovery teams and external collaborators. You will join an organization at the cutting-edge of immunotherapy research, emphasizing participation in conferences and authorship of high-impact publications.
- Develop deep learning predictive algorithms for problems such as protein-protein binding/docking and three-dimensional structural inference using large proprietary and public datasets to support our novel immunotherapies
- Benchmark performance against internal and external ML algorithms/approaches from leading competing groups
- Integrate novel algorithms into software that is used for therapeutic design and other clinical applications
- Collaborate with diverse lab groups to provide guidance on experimental design and data interpretation from the computational perspective
- Develop and contribute to external collaborations and partnerships
- Liaise with lab scientists and software engineers as a project team member and provide expertise as a scientific resource for key company programs
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of project-based work in the ML field - preference for candidates with a Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer science, applied math, physics, bioinformatics or related field. A proven track record of quality of work is required.
- Fluency in Python with expertise in Keras, PyTorch, Theano, or TensorFlow.
- Experience working with Senior Scientist II, Computational Biologist, and ability to manage and customize cloud-based computing environments.
- Project-based experience with deep learning (including CNNs and RNNs) and handling large, high-dimensional data sets.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the fast-moving ML literature and familiarity with field leaders.
- Ability to identify and investigate important new research topics independently.
- Capacity to develop and iterate on one's own ideas, as well as resource existing knowledge and methods.
- Track record of thought leadership, including contributions to the ML community via publication and/or blog posts, etc.
- Familiarity with protein biophysics, x-ray crystallography, and/or molecular dynamics preferred.
- Working understanding of basic biology; eagerness to learn about oncology, cancer genomics, and immunology.
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or experience with non-relational/alternative databases preferred.
- Flexibility to tackle diverse problems outside one's comfort zone.
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to translate and communicate complex information and concepts for scientists of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with basic statistical inference methods preferred.
- Positive and collaborative attitude; ability to work effectively with internal and external collaborators and multidisciplinary teams composed of scientists and non-scientists to translate emerging research to guide internal programs.
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience in genomics and interpretation of next-generation sequencing data preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.