An innovative biopharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Scientist, based in their office in Shanghai. The organisation is dedicated creating unique value for the Chinese biopharma industry, boasting a pipeline of over ten therapeutic candidates. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with China's prolific scientific sector.
- Develop and maintain specific experimental colonies within the facility as directed by management.
- Track experimental colonies to ensure compliance with guidelines and to ensure ongoing maintenance of the experimental colonies.
- Coordinate planning and execution of collecting, processing, and shipping various biological specimens.
- Provide input on scheduling of studies in the facility.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance and updating of centralized work schedule for all study and non-study related tasks.
- Test article life-cycle management including conduct and documentation of receipt, storage, preparation, dosing, accountability, return and disposition.
- Plan and perform procedures as required by study protocols.
- Plan and manage training program for laboratory technicians to carry out procedures as required by study protocols.
- Handle of animals including capture, restraint, training for standard procedures (chairing and arm pull), immobilization, relocation, and delivery.
- Plan and prepare for procedures include surgery including but not limited to:
- Cleaning and preparing work and support spaces
- Cleaning equipment including sterilization and autoclaving
- Fasting animals
- Sterile preparation
- Endotracheal intubation and catheter placement
- Sample collection, both cage-side and sedated as appropriate, for blood, urine, feces, CSF, bronchoaveolar lavage, tissue biopsies, and others as needed.
- Plan, lead, and conduct necropsies including euthanasia and collections of tissues or other biological specimens.
- Process samples for storage and shipment, including regulatory compliance for all shipped biological specimens.
- Complete data entry forms, including review of forms completed by other technicians.
- Adhere to company SOPs, study protocols, GLP requirements, and any other relevant directives in the conduct and documentation of all procedures.
- Monitor and oversee performance of procedures in the conduct of animal research are compliant with all appropriate regulations.
- Coordinate activities related to quarantine, shipping, sale, and receipt of animals.
- Ensure record keeping compliance with applicable regulatory requirements including USDA, CDC, and State of California.
- Maintain and update applications and paperwork related to all regulatory permits and/or licenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D./Pharm. D. in a relevant discipline (clinical pharmacology, DMPK, pharmaceuticals) or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of relevant postdoctoral, academic, industry, or government experience.
- Expert knowledge of PK and PK/PD technical tools (e.g., WinNonlin/Pharsight, NONMEM, Monolix, SAS, GastroPlus, and SimCyp).
- Expert knowledge of related disciplines (e.g., DMPK, biostatistics, toxicology, regulatory) in the drug development process.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kirsty Zhuang at firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
£0.00 - £60000.00 per annum
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Technical Manager for their office in the UK.
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Senior Scientist - Level 1.