Senior Scientist in Nucleic Acid Process Development
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist in Nucleic Acid Process Development with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Senior Scientist, you will design, execute, and analyze pioneering loading processes for diverse molecules, including ASOs, siRNA, mRNA, and small molecules.
- Develop unit operations to enable cleanup and formulation of durably loaded drug product.
- Scale-up processes from bench to pilot and cGMP clinical manufacturing scale, including technology transfer through clinical manufacturing.
- Create state-of-the-art small-scale models and characterization capabilities.
- Identify, engage, and manage external collaborators to explore new loading technologies.
- Assist in the development and execution of purification processes as needed.
- Seek to connect structural attributes and functional potency of loaded drug product.
- Perform document writing, data interpretation, presentation, statistical analysis, and trending.
- Serve as function lead on pipeline programs to guide them to successful completion, requiring cross-functional collaboration and scientific and technical expertise.
- Author scientific manuscripts and patents. Present work internally and externally.
- Aid in the authoring of Regulatory documents.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in chemistry, polymer chemistry, biochemical engineering or similar disciplines with 2+ years related experience; expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Proficient in organic, polymer, and bioconjugation chemistry.
- Experience developing processes with exosomes, liposomes, and/or lipid nanoparticles.
- Background in applying advanced technologies to develop methods for loading of payloads into and onto nanoparticles.
- Experience in development and transfer of production processes for nanoparticles to cGMP manufacturing organizations.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, work ethic, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Reputation as emerging leader in field with sustained performance and accomplishment.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.