Proclinical are excited to announce an amazing vacancy as a Senior Scientist working in biochemistry at an organisation in Cambridge. You'll play a pivotal role in making a positive impact of the lives of patients.
- To be a lab-based scientist, delivering expertise in the area of biochemical assay development; independently designing, developing and validating biochemical assays for implementation in drug discovery projects, while incorporating the views of others.
- To work in partnership with colleagues in the High Throughput Screening and Mechanistic Biology & Profiling teams to ensure that assays are designed optimally and implemented effectively.
- To implement work-plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate.
- To be an effective member of Drug Discovery Project Teams, contributing novel ideas and using judgment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project.
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made; potentially leading one or more aspects of scientific discipline within the team.
- To achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications.
Skills and Requirements
- Ph.D in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline; or a BSc/MSc degree with significant relevant experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of biochemical assays for compound profiling and screening applications; together with an understanding of the application of biochemical assays in delivering mechanistic insights into compound mode of action.
- A practical understanding of a wide range of biochemical assay methods and technologies (for example fluorescence, luminescence, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques) as applied to a range of biological targets.
- A practical understanding of assay optimisation, including statistical tools such as factorial experimental design, to enable the generation of robust, reproducible and sensitive assays.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jenni Woolley on 02039670935 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.