Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist with a leading medical solutions company located in Brisbane, CA. As the Senior Scientist, you will be able to conduct independently assay development and validation projects, have experience interfacing with cross functional teams including bioinformatics, biostatistics, data science, clinical and lab operations; and have experience in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid characterization and applications.
- Initiate, design and execute experiments to develop novel high-value diagnostic tests.
- Use molecular biology approaches to independently develop and optimize molecular diagnostics assays based on gene expression and genotyping.
- Independently perform basic analysis of high-dimensional data.
- Coordinate with statistics and bioinformatics teams for high-level data analysis and gene expression signature development.
- Provide expert support, guidance and mentorship for experiment design, data analysis and results communication to the broader scientific team.
- Interface with staff in multiple departments and clearly communicate results with colleagues and R&D management, as well as externally at scientific meetings and conferences.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in genomics, molecular biology or a related discipline with 6+ years of experience and at least 2 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in molecular biology.
- Expert in nucleic acid sample preparation.
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies related to measuring gene expression, e.g. qPCR, dPCR, multiplex PCR and DNA sequencing (experience with Illumina NGS instrumentation preferred, but not required).
- Ability to collect requirements, plan activities and prioritize independently activities/assignments in a rapidly-changing, fast-moving environment.
- Able to identify risk and provide recommendations for risk mitigation in area of responsibility and at project level.
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required.
- Bioinformatics skills such as programming and data mining are a plus.
- Good organizational skills, and detail oriented.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.