Senior Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
The Senior Scientist located in Lexington, MA, USA will be primarily responsible for the design, development, and execution of essential in vitro and ex vivo assays of tumor-targeted immune cell agonists to enhance the progress of the company's oncology pipeline. The lab-based role will require the development of new assays within the lab in order to plan and execute key experiments needed to drive programs to the clinic. The role will also include being the key point of contact for external studies with contract research organizations (CROs) and academic collaborators to further understand the mechanism of action and support translational biology of clinical candidate molecules.
- Develop and establish novel and key immunological assays (Immune cell proliferation/activation assays, Cytokine release assays, Functional immune assays, etc.)
- Provide expertise for flow cytometry-based assays, such as in experimental design, evaluation of results, evaluation of clinical data sets, and evaluation of in-house vs. external capabilities with CROs or academic partners
- Develop and execute experiments aimed at delineating the pharmacology and mode of action of the company's immune cell agonists
- Serve on internal project teams. Communicate with project team and colleagues effectively and work well with others to meet experimental and organizational goals. Present the results of independently conducted research effectively in oral or written form to line manager and project team members
Skills and Requirements
- PhD with 4+ years of industry or academic experience or BS/MS with 8+ years of industry or academic
- experience in cancer immunology, immuno-oncology, and/or translational oncology. Of these, minimum of 3 years industry experience is preferred
- Extensive experience in developing, troubleshooting and running immunological assays and techniques including isolation and characterization of immune populations, flow cytometry, Luminex/MSD, and whole blood assays
- Experience in leading/managing external projects through CROs and/or academic collaborations is a plus
- Experience working with primary human tumor samples is favorable
- Broad knowledge in drug development spanning compound screening, candidate selection, IND-
- enabling studies (in vitro pharmacology), and biomarker development
- Leadership qualities with previous experience mentoring and training scientific peers
- Ability to conduct research independently and manage multiple tasks in parallel, while being able to adapt individual contributions to help team achieve corporate goals
- Identifies and implements innovation to solve complex project-related problems. Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in resolving obstacles to success
- Ability to analyze data independently, present experimental outcomes with scientific integrity, and interpret data to drive company decision-making and scientific narrative
- Team player who collaborates and communicates effectively in team environment. Comfortable sharing knowledge with wider company team and, as appropriate, report work to the scientific or industry community
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.