Senior Scientist Formulation Development
Our client, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company offering innovative formulation solutions built around its proprietary oral drug delivery technologies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Formulation Development for their Princeton, NJ location. As the Senior Scientist, you must be a highly motivated self-starter with broad experience in solid oral dosage form (immediate- and modified-release tablets and capsules) formulation and process development, from benchtop to scaleup and clinical trial material manufacturing.
- Conduct formulation and process development of tablets and capsules for internal and client-sponsored programs. Scale processes from benchtop to GMP manufacturing equipment for clinical trial material production.
- Apply knowledge of preformulation studies and physicochemical data needed to support formulation development.
- Work with members of Formulation Development and Manufacturing to prepare technical and clinical batches of products. Activities may include: conduct formulation development and process optimization studies, prepare batch records, conduct batch manufacturing and complete batch documentation as required.
- Works with Analytical Development, Manufacturing, QC, QA and other groups to ensure project requirements are met.
- Resolves technical issues, makes recommendations for various options that would solve the issue, including the preferred option.
- Works independently but collaboratively. Recognizes key issues likely to affect successful and/or timely completion of work and brings them to the attention of the supervisor.
- Executes technical activities involving active pharmaceutical ingredients that may be potent or hazardous while following appropriate safety procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- A highly motivated self-starter willing to try new and creative approaches.
- MS with about 5-7+ years of relevant experience in the formulation and process development of solid dosage forms, with a background in Formulation or Drug Delivery
- Experienced in typical tablet manufacturing processes: blending, wet and dry granulation, compression, in-process controls, and film coating.
- Prior experience with permeation enhancers or solubilization approaches is a plus
- Individual must have working knowledge of pharmaceutical raw materials such as functional and non-functional excipients used in the formulation of oral solids and other dosage forms
- Individual must have experience in general computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.