Senior Scientist, Cell Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Cell Biology for a leading biotechnology company located in San Diego, CA. As the Senior Scientist, you will apply advanced scientific principles and concepts in immunology and inflammation to creatively and effectively solve difficult problems and achieve project-related company objectives.
- Uses advanced scientific concepts to support projects, solve a wide range of difficult problems using effective and creative approaches to achieve corporate objectives
- Effectively designs key experiments to support existing projects and new scientific areas and technologies; analyze and interpret data and prepare associated documentation to support project objectives
- Initiates and/or co-lead Discovery Projects, including designing and executing key strategies, methodologies or approaches and experiments to further project objectives
- Works effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams to accomplish project goals
- Participates in the effective mentoring, supervision, and professional development of junior laboratory staff; oversee/troubleshoot experimental design of supervised laboratory staff
- Presents research findings clearly and effectively at internal and external meetings
- Prepares internal technical reports and summaries, contribute written documents for patent applications and manuscripts
- Maintains broad scientific and technical knowledge within their discipline, and in-depth knowledge relevant to specific drug discovery projects, including state-of-the art principles and theories, new methods and technologies, using the scientific literature to enhance the design and execution of their work
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biomedical Sciences or related field
- 2 years' productive experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry in biologics drug discovery
- 2-4 years' productive postdoctoral experience in an industry or academic laboratory
- Demonstrated success in designing, analyzing and interpreting results from key experiments, coordinating efforts to achieve project goals
- Current working knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology, cell biology, or related discipline, with an applied understanding of antibodies and antibody generation, biologics drug discovery research and disease target evaluation
- Practical state-of-the-art knowledge in the design and implementation of flow cytometry-based multi-color analyses, screening and sorting; practical knowledge of mammalian cell culture, including state-of-the-art cell biology techniques, including cellular signaling and ELISA assays
- Demonstrated success in project leadership, independent and innovative scientific thinking and experimental design/approaches
- Strong record of scientific creativity and independence, including a strong scientific publication and external presentation record in accord with years of experience
- Proven personnel management and supervision skills with an ability to multitask, prioritize, and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.